Wednesday, February 17, 2010

mystery

Everything is different now. I do not know how to explain it with words, but I have experienced God's Presence, love and grace in a way that changes everything...yet this truly is the mystery of the Gospel that Paul talks about.

What can you say when the heaviness of His Presence is over you? When I sit in grace, not knowing what to feel or even what my heart feels, how can I put words to something that is a mystery? And the weightiness of God...I know His love has overwhelmed me when I am speechless....what can I possibly say to the One who calls me Beloved? There are no words...my heart is overcome with awe, reverence and worship...words cannot do justice so I will not attempt. I am okay just being...

My raw emotion of the past few days...no wonder I experience heavy emotion without understanding...how can I possibly understand a Love that is a mystery, life-transforming, abounding?

What is even more mysterious is that it took encountering Christ's love within the lives of those in prison to free me...what is that but grace?

To know deeply and authentically that I am loved, in a way that words cannot describe...everything else just falls away...circumstances do not determine my day, grace does...Christ's love is unconditional, agape, unchanging...it transforms everything about my life...

Ephesians 3:17-19 reads differently for me now...it profoundly is me...

17May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love,

18That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God's devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it];

19[That you may really come] to know [practically through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!

I am God's Beloved and that is all that matters...I know this now...a love so powerful and such a mystery that the only way to know its definition is to experience...and I have...and I want more...

2 comments:

Sam said...

Amen...I want more, too...

I was curious how your time was there and reading this answers my question. Awesome.

Allie said...

so true, God is the only one that can love you unfailly.