Friday, October 21, 2011

joshua 3


I'm in an unfamiliar place
No homey comforts here.
Not sure of where I'm going,
Not sure what brought me here.
The light is dim, my way obscured,
Dark shadows jump and scare.
A soundless voice then whispers from deep,
"Walk On! I'll meet you there."
A lamp illuminates my feet,
Just one step at a time.
The voice cries out, "Forsake your plan -
Possess this land of mine!"
Trembling still, I walk along
The path secured for me.
At last my eyes behold the land,
But I glance back to see.
There were no shadows there at all,
No monsters over me.
'Twas rivers parted all along.
'Twas waves held back for me!
I'm in an unfamiliar place, peculiar comforts here.
No turning back, my homesick soul.
His will is home for me. 

I cannot claim to have written this...I merely borrowed it from a friend.

2 comments:

On the River's Edge said...

That is awesome...did she write it?

aj said...

no...she "borrowed" it too!