When everything seems to be going wrong, when things appear in my human lenses to be going in the opposite direction, when life seems out of control, You call me to thank You...
A supernatural response no doubt.
Yet there is power in unconditional praise...praising Him, not only in spite of the circumstance, but for the
circumstance...ruthless trust knowing that in His unsearchable wisdom, He is working out
something that is necessary and vital for my good, beyond all I can ask, think or imagine.
I feel like David in Psalm 13...yet he closes the Psalm with, "But I have trusted, leaned on, and been confident in Your mercy and loving-kindness; my heart shall rejoice and be in high spirits in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me."
Regardless of all David has felt, the lies he has battled, the internal struggles, the constant wrestling...regardless, he "trusted, leaned on, and been confident"...in His God. Therefore, he rejoices. He sings with a heart of gratitude, because "He has dealt bountifully with me."
Bountifully...liberal in bestowing gifts or favors; generous, plentiful, abundant, overflowing, more than I can grasp, comprehend, fathom...beyond all I can ask, think or imagine.
And this too is my God.
And I too am called to give thanks for everything. What feels unnatural in my skin is a gift of grace to respond in this supernatural way. Choosing the supernatural, regardless how I feel...affirming my trust and thanking You...only then will I experience unfathomable peace.
Because it is Yours...and You have me.
1 comment:
Oh what TRUTH!!!
Post a Comment