Thursday, March 5, 2009

waiting...

Why is it always such a mystery to me how God uses affliction to make me beautiful? To make me more like Himself? He is constantly humbling me, making me powerless, forcing me to walk in unknown paths that are so uncomfortable I cry out to Him like the Psalmist in Chapter 130. I feel like I am the watchman waiting for the morning, longing for relief not yet granted, for a grasp of what is next and what my God is doing...

Yet even as I wait, I wait with hopeful expectation, knowing because of His faithfulness in my life that this walk of faith is a walk of blind trust...

And that is what my Savior loves.

What I love is that He always manages to speak to me, to give me just what I need when I feel like I might drown, a taste of His incredible grace at the exact moment my heart is longing for more...

"Broken"

I have given all I have
You have shaken my foundations
In You I know that there is so much more
My strength has failed me
I look to You now.

Broken...at the foot of the cross I stand.
Broken...at the foot of the cross I stand.

Sometimes I feel so small
Afraid I have lost my way
Reaching for something that I don't really know
But You take my hand and gently embrace my soul.

Reaching...for the hem of Your robe I am.
Reaching...for the hem of Your robe I am.

I know how I have seen
Of the greatness of this King
And so, humble knees, I bow
Before Your glory and reach out.

Waiting...just to hear You speak to me.
Waiting...just to hear You speak to me.

God, I am longing for more of You...not the "answers" or even understanding...but ultimately more of You, even for just the hem of Your robe. You have humbled me greatly in Your provision and Spirit at work these past weeks...

I know that You have my best in mind...and so I will wait. Expectantly.

No comments: