Saturday, March 13, 2010

flowers


Recognizing and receiving Your love each day is both a challenge and a joy...a challenge in that I must realize that You care enough about even the smallest details of my life and that in Your love, You love to surprise me in those details...the joy comes then, when I not only recognize how You surprise me in Your love but then receiving it and simply resting in that gift.

Now here is the "flowers" part...flowers are often given as a symbol of love, and often they are a surprise...my brother in law and nephew randomly purchase flowers for "mommy" because they want her to know how much they love her...and she never knows when those flower moments will come.

Ironically You are revealing Your gift of love to me through flowers...whether they are tangible or simply as a symbol of how much You love to surprise me...

And You keep scattering flowers in my path...

And though I am not a "flowers"-type girl, You still know how to surprise me, love me, care for me through them...and the more I receive them, the more they keep coming...

I want to see those flowers each day, smell them, enjoy them, rest in them because they are a gift of Your love...

So twice this week You have sent me flowers from my nephew..."From the lips of children and infants You have ordained praise and strength" (Psalm 8:2)...and from the mouth and heart of my precious nephew I was surprised and loved...

On Sunday, Ambie, I invite Jesus in my heart...

Then Tuesday, I gonna be a big brother!

What incredible flowers of Your love Father...

No comments: