The process of humility in our lives is part of our sanctification...just when I feel like I have reached the pinnacle of humility, God takes me even deeper...and as much as I hate being laid low, I know that this is the place that Christ meets me, refines me, molds me, makes me more like Himself...
My desire is God Himself, at any cost, by any road...
John 12:24, "Unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains just one grain; it never becomes more but lives by itself alone. But if it dies, it produces many others and yields a rich harvest"...the earth, it is the bottom, low...it is here that I must not only depend upon Jesus for my identity, my security, my worth, my provision, and my very life, but it is also from here that He can build and raise me up into the harvest He desires and intends. Even more, a solo "grain" can never become more apart from this place of humility...it remains alone, lives by itself...I want to be more, more of Him.
Paul says in Romans 12:3, " For by the grace, the unmerited favor of God, given to me I warn everyone among you not to estimate and think of himself more highly than he ought, not to have an exaggerated opinion of his own importance, but to rate his ability with sober judgment, each according to the degree of faith apportioned by God to him"...how sobering is this truth?
My passion is to multiply my life, but that cannot happen nor be understood until I am brought low to then be exalted in, through and by Jesus alone...leading to a "rich harvest," probably two-fold: in my life and in others.
And knowing firmly that my present journey is God's call upon my life enables me to transcend my circumstances, freeing me to walk in joy, peace, contentment and security. This does not mean the journey is always pleasant, but it is bringing glory to God because I am becoming more like Him.
1 comment:
love this post! love you too...
Post a Comment