What does this mean when it feels like so many things that bring me joy are taken...and though only temporary, they are still gone? Yet my joy is not dependent upon my circumstances. Joy is a pervasive sense of well-being...it is not dependent upon a specific object and pure joy does not waiver. Even more, it is the basic element of inner transformation into Christ-likeness and the outer life that flows from this change.
So what feels like joy stripped from me is actually joy being refined, manifested, multiplied...
Ah Jesus, You are bringing change...more like you...
Further, complete or full joy (what Jesus is talking about in John 15:11 when He says, "I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.") is my first line of defense against weakness, failure, disease of my mind and body. Thus, the "joy of the Lord is my strength." Pure joy is nothing the enemy can steal from me and it is certainly the path to not only recognize, but to also overcome his lies.
I am here at this moment, in uncertainty...my body is "diseased" and my bone is literally frail and bruised...yet my joy does not have to change...
Psalm 16:11 points to my source of joy..."You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at your right hand there are pleasures forevermore." This says nothing about joy in this world...it only comes by remaining in Him (John 15).
I am in this place now, like Paul speaks about in Acts 2:25-28 when he refers to David..."For He is at my right hand that I may not be shaken or overthrown or cast down from my secure and happy state"...this is an extremely bold statement speaking out of pure hope in His God..."therefore my heart rejoiced"...David rejoiced in seeing the Lord keep him in this place of joy rather than live by his physical, outward circumstances...
Take this heart there Jesus...
My same God empowers me to do the same...
"Moreover, my flesh also will dwell in hope...You have made known to me the ways of life; You will enrapture me, diffusing my soul with joy, with and in Your presence."
That is a verse I will stand on when my weakness, disability, "disease" try to bring me low...they cannot touch my heart and mind. Jesus has them already...I know this because His Word speaks this...Philippians 4:7, "And God's peace shall be mine, that tranquil state of soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over my heart and mind in Christ Jesus." What?!
Romans 15:13, "May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing through the experience of your faith that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing (bubbling over!) with hope." I can stand in the experiences of Your faithfulness to enable me to stand now, believing in hope that You are so good...
I have seen Your hand so graciously in this journey so far...and excited at the anticipation of how I will know and experience You in and through my life more...this is Your path for me right now, to experience more joy in Joy...You...and somehow, this is best.
1 comment:
Good to see another post from you, AJ...and I'm still praying for you!
Post a Comment