Wednesday, September 3, 2008

wind

I just read John 3:8, something I have read more times than I can remember...and like usual, God spoke to me in a whole new way through His word that brought such hope and life to my heart and spirit.

“The wind blows (breathes) where it wills; and though you hear its sound, yet you neither know where it comes from nor where it is going. SO IT IS WITH EVERYONE WHO IS BORN OF THE SPIRIT.”

I feel as if I am continually blown around by the Spirit…yet I am, when it is His breathing. What freedom this is though! “The Spirit breathes where it wills.” And I have the Spirit through Jesus…I can hear and know and follow Him. This is what it means to live by the Spirit! Adventure. I am free to enjoy this, free of expectations and the "shoulds" of this world. Just free to enjoy Jesus right now, in this very moment.

John Wesley says in his commentary, "The fact is plain, the manner of his (or her!) operations inexplicable."

Yes, my operations are inexplicable...to me, to those around me, yet not to God. And for right now, today, God's Spirit has blown me to Indiana, to Starbucks, with a burning passion to know Him more and be in the lives of others so they too would yearn for more of Him. And someday, I know that His Spirit will blow me somewhere else...

4 comments:

Dina said...

I love when you post. I read them many times. Thanks for sharing friend! Love ya! (Looking forward to hangin next weekend too).

abechtel said...

AJ...it's amanda bechtel. Can i get your email address...i'd like to talk to you about something, and this was the only way i knew how to get intouch with ya.

amanda.bechtel@asbury.edu

Thanks dude! Great post by the way :)

Scott, Melanie, Gretchen said...

Hi AJ- Just looking thru some blogs and came across your name in Dina's. I hope all is going well for you. Stop by sometime if you are still in Indiana.

lila04 said...

dear aj,
you don't have to have a bad conscience... i know difficulties with time and too many things wanting to do in too short time... and when you're going with a group it is most of time an insolvable challenge :-)
i am sorry too, that we don't meet but i'm staying in berlin at least 2 years and in this period you maybe come back one or two times and then we meet :-)
i could have checked the homepage of baskets earlier but i forgot it and so i saw too late the date of the match... :-( i would have loved to see the game between your AIA team and the baskets – my friend told me that it was much fun to play with/against you...
and where are you staying now? I've look on your aia hp (link at baskets hp) and the team visits many countries – sounds very interesting and exciting :-) much fun with this...
so i'm waiting for the news that you are again in berlin...
many greetings
p.s.: sorry for my bad english – one more reason for having contact to you ;-) - but you maybe write in german ;-)