Monday, January 14, 2008

same lies, different day

Last night a close friend called, and though it was late, the Lord knew it was exactly what we both needed...to "need" together in community and bring our struggles into the light, even if 6 times zones and thousands of miles separated us.

What I am getting at is this...Satan is crafty and somewhat intelligent as to how he gets us to buy into his crap, but let's be honest, he stands no chance and is a fool to think that at the end of the day he holds victory. As my friend spoke of her struggles, I asked her the lies that she hears and is believing. And as she shared them, I realized that those were the exact same lies I was hearing and believing! The only difference was our situations.

It brought me such freedom knowing that first, I was not alone, and second, that though the enemy does not play fair, he had been exposed! I think we would each be surprised if we were honest with one another, with the struggles and lies that we hear daily, because we are really not alone in the battle at all. Satan is rather limited in his craftiness and his pathetic lies, and we have the power and the authority to stand over him. But it is our choice.

Last night, my friend and I fought our lies together, and it brought such life to my spirit. I knew I was not alone, that my fellow believing brothers and sisters were also the same target for the enemy's same flaming arrows and he had now been exposed. Even more, where two or more are gathered in Jesus' name, He is there too. I experienced it yet again.

Stand in the Truth.

1 comment:

Don said...

I take your challenge, to stand in the truth. This hit me right where I am. I guess I should say, He hit me right where I am.