With each day, it seems like You are giving me "manna" for just today, this season, this journey...there is no mapped out plan beyond the present, which strips away an idol of routine that I have falsely relied on before...so that I can no longer find security within the boundaries that I tend to build.
In 1 Kings 19:5-8, an angel visits Elijah, who is discouraged, lonely, desiring more of You in a place where most do not...the angel tells him to "arise and eat" two times, and two times he does this...and after the 2nd, Elijah "went in the strength of that food 40 days and nights." I cannot help but think and wonder if that is how Your manna for me is today, right now...that it is just what I need now, and when I need manna for tomorrow, and the next weeks and months, it will be there...
But not right now.
And just like Elijah, I can go for "40 days" if I need on what You give now...which "manna" means I cannot build a false sense of security, because manna today is no good for tomorrow.
But it is an opportunity for You to bring glory to Yourself.
The only plan I have is to follow Your lead...and to rest in the manna You have given me today.
No comments:
Post a Comment