First of all, welcome to my life, my wrestling, and my pursuit after more of Jesus. My desire in this blog is that you would experience Christ more, right where God has us on our own journey with Him. As I continually encounter people who have no idea who Jesus is, wandering around this foreign city, I keep asking myself why I'm here. The only thing I can come up with, and truly is more than enough, is that this is God's best for me, right now. I know nothing more, but I know I can rest in that alone.
"Foolish faith" is how I feel about my life right now. To most people, nothing about my life makes sense to the human eye, and the reality that I am living in Germany is anything but normal and is potentially "irresponsible." Yet I know I hear Christ's voice calling me "outside the city gate" (Hebrews 13:13), and I must follow hard after Him.
God's sole desire for our lives is that we would know Him and walk with Him. That is it. And to be honest, it makes no sense to my human mindset. But to live in the Kingdom of Heaven is to live contrary to the world, and that is right where God desires us to be.
So why am I here? To dive even greater into the mystery of who Jesus is, and live my life authentically in front of those I encounter. And I can rest in that.
No comments:
Post a Comment